recommended workshops

 In AD7-1111 Vlad writes "Personally, I would prefer a AROC recomended
workshop that likes working on Alfa to a former dealer that has to work on
them."

A reasonable thought, but an unfounded one. There is no such thing as an
"AROC recomended workshop". There is in the monthly magazine a directory of
shops which chose to pay to be listed in the directory, but many excellent
shops do not pay the fee, and anyone who does pay the fee is listed - - which
is hardly a "recommendation". And I don't think that former dealers "have" to
work on Alfas.

AROC does occasionally publish a roster of members, by state and city, with
their phone numbers, and that roster can be an invaluable source of local
knowledge about service resources in any part of the country.

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.