Re: The Youth of Today

Good work, Diane -- I often reflect that it's a shame that so many
Silicon Valley Acura drivers are going to think they've been passed by
an Iniezione 2000 when I motor on by, because that's the most prominent
badging on the rear of my '74 Spider.

In my home, though, we start 'em young.  My 8-year-old daughter,
Bronwen, recently had an assignment in 3rd grade where they had to write
a sentence (and illustrate it) about each of four different things: "If
I were a (something), I'd be a..."

The only two that pertain here are her answers to, "If I were a car, I'd
be..."

"...an Alfa Romeo Spider, because it's fast and it's a convertible."

She did a passable drawing of a Spider (complete with Carello headlamp
covers) beneath it.

And I thought of Godfrey diGiorgio and Frankenspider for one of her
other answers:

"If I were a color, I'd be yellow, because I could set things on FIRE."

(And yes, Godfrey, her self-portrait as Spider *is* in yellow.)

- --Scott "The Force is strong in *that* one" Fisher