Re: Speeding tax

I'd view the prepaid speeding tickets as a "speed tax".  Just like we have income
tax (if we have an income) and property tax (when we own a property), let's tax
those who "speed" a little extra.  Speeding tickets has always been a mechanism for
revenue generation.  Let's not dilly dally under the "Safety" banner.  If driving my
Alfa, or Honda, or Cadillac at 70mph is really that unsafe, most people would not do
it.  Self preservation would see to that.

Governments aren't a business.  Their primary profit center are taxes.  The more
"legal" ways there are to extract money from the masses, the more profitable they
become.

Where do I sign up for a season pass?  Can I buy a whole coupon book?  $10 for 10mph
over, $30 for 20mph over, $50 for 30mph over, $100 for anything above 100mph?

Sigh.
Nizam