RE: Did you know that.....

hi eric,

i too, saw that article.  dennis 'mad-dog' antenucci, that car's owner, is the
president of the pantera owner's club of america.  i understand from him, that a
wheel problem may have caused a brake line failure (pure speculation, at this
time) - the brake fluid being the cause of the fire, and having no brakes being
the cause of his difficulty in coming to a halt, once at the finish line.

the pantera community is tightly-knit - i have personally sent dennis $100, as
many others have sent him $$$, to help him rebuild his car, which he hopes to
have ready for this spring's silver-state.  several weeks ago, he entered the
fall silver-state in a pantera someone loaned to him.  since dennis became
involved in the silver state a couple years ago, panteras have consistently had
the highest turnout of any marque, and also the highest finish rate, w/more than
10 cars finishing, and sometimes *all* the panteras finishing that started -
like this fall's event.  his involvement has also spread to the other makes -
the recent silver state events have seen a huge increase in the total number of
competitors - 'mad-dog' sends "taunting" emails to owners/clubs of other marques
- - like corwettes!  :>)  it's all in fun.  the close-knit pantera community goes
farther than yust uniting around our leader - one pantera guy gave me - free of
charge - a brand gnu aftermarket pantera-vendor brake master cylinder, when i
was having some problems.  turns out i dint need it after all, and was thinking
of sending it out to mad-dog, if he has a need - what-say, m-d & wayne?  and,
yust two weeks ago, a pantera-guy gave me - again, free -  a freshly overhauled
motorcraft carb, when i asked the pantera digest for adwice on overhauling mine.

sure, panteras are bargains of the exotic-car world, yust like alfas are
bargains of the sports-sedan/coupe world.  but the owners are not a bad group of
folks, either - when ya gettin' *yer* pantera?  :>)

ciao for now,

dug seed in,
'72 pantera, #2602
'78 ducati darmah