Interchangeable parts

Sixto Gonzalez wrote"...I was not able to find an alfa sensor
(not even at the Alfa warehouse) so what I did was go down to my local
european car parts house and look through their inventory until I found a
sensor that looked like the alfa's evil twin (it had the 666,oops I mean Bmw
brand on it but otherwise was identical..."

This should come as no surprise.  The Bosch L-Jet and Motronic injection as
well as ignition systems are OEM on numerous euro cars and many if not most
of the individual piece parts are indeed interchangeable or adaptable. Note
that the AFM from the BMW L-Jet is interchangeable with the GTV-6 and Milano
L-Jet systems. When I put the Pertronix ignition in the Bosch distributer in
my 79 Alfetta the applications list included was about every car that ever
had a Bosch distributer in it. Most parts houses will not take the time to
do a physical comparison an if it is not in the book it does not exist as
far as they are concerned.  Sixto was willing to put in the time to look and
he was successful.

Jerry in Houston