Carbs for GTV

Hi,

the type of the sidedraft carb is DHLA 40 and Alfa used both Webers and
the Dellortos equivalent, which is propably a 99% copy of the other.
Some think that Dellortos aren't as good quality as the Werber ones, but
I have never heard any proof of any difference in them. I myself wonder
how to use only one DHLA 40 F (or was it L?) carb in my Giulia Super's
1600 engine before I have money to buy proper ones, this used set cost
me only about 34 USD... In case that you want to buy a new set you
should check the www.centerlinealfa.com (US) and www.autohurtienne.de
(in Germany) homepages. Both of these companies seem quite cheap and
especially Hurtienne has an enormous collection of new parts for the
whole 105-range. Here in Finland the 40 mm Webers are quite expensive,
maybe about 300-400 USD, as they are very wanted for F-class rallycars.

Ps. I'd be happy to hear what the letters after the size number really
mean!

Good luck for your search,
Antti Korhonen

1968 1750 Berlina
1969 Giulia 1300 t.i. with dellortos and in seventies GT-look
1972 F12 Ambulance
1974 Giulia 1.6 Super (wreck)
etc.

End of alfa-digest V7 #1102