spider door latches

My door latches are balking, sticking, ... its difficult to open
the doors from the outside with the handle alone. It's much
easier from inside though it helps to put my shoulder against the
door to push out. My service manual is silent about how to adjust
the latches (too high or low? change the angle?) to work more
easily. What is the way to grease them so that brushing against
them doesn't grease clothes etc.? The doors look to be aligned
with the body, i.e., don't appear to be sagging from the hinge
points. Thanks and regards, Jim 85 Spider Graduate,
Charlottesville, VA

(I renewed my black canvas top with some fabric/carpet spray
(aerosol dye?) from the automotive section at K-Mart and
afterward some canvas
waterproofing (silicone) spray from the camping section same
K-Mart. It had been sweating/leaking in heavy rains through the
thin points. It's probably about two years old. Now the water beads
on it again and it's uniformly black.)

- --
Prof. James H. Lambert <lambert@domain.elided>
Ctr. for Risk Management of Engineering Systems, Dept. of Systems Engineering
112 Olsson Hall, University of Virginia, Charlottesville VA 22903
Ofc./Fax (804)982-2072/924-0865 Home 979-4490 www.people.virginia.edu/~jhl6d

End of alfa-digest V7 #1100