'74 Spider top install

Hi group:

I was just beginning the installation of a new top on my '74 Spider when I ran into this little
snag.  The little studs coming out of the rear edge of the cockpit, that the bottom edge of
the top mounts onto, are so rusty that they're snapping off with the slightest touch of a
socket wrench.  I cleaned off as much rust on the exposed threads as I could, using my
Dremel tool with a tiny wire brush, then I soaked all the nuts and studs in penetrating oil.
So far, I've attempted to remove three nuts, and snapped off three studs.  I'm resigned to
snapping most of the rest of them, as well, but what can I do to replace them?  The last
time I did this job, on a different Spider, I was considerate enough to use brass nuts, but
the PO of this car wasn't quite so thoughtful.

Regards,

Dean W. Cains
'74 Spider 2000