Re: alfa-digest V7 #1094

I had the exact same problem with my Spider. It turned out to be the Rev Sensor. It
attached to the bell housing on the right side of the car. You will need to jack the
car up to access it. Apparently, the flywheel has a magnet or something in it and
this sensor picks up the current to measure engine revolutions so that it can fire
in the proper sequence. Well, it turns out that the thing fell off!. It was just
dangling there held on by its connector wire. When I tried to put it back on, the
threads were stripped so I took some JB Weld, put it into the hole, put the sensor
back on ahd lightly tightened it. Seems to be working fine.

I too checked and replaced the coil. I had a spare. I was getting juice from both
sides at all times - even when the engine was cranking. That is what pointed me to
the Rev Sensor.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

Chris Stephenson - Atlanta, GA
PeopleSoft Consultant

'85 Alfa Spider
'67 Jag 420G Big Bertha (The only car I own with a roof)
'63 Sunbeam Alpine
'63 Sunbeam Alpine GT
'98 Saab 900ES