Hastings vs. Deves Rings?

In ADV7#1087, Frank Formeister asserts:

>As far as rings go, Hastings (http://www.hastingsmfg.com/ ), can get you
what
>you want w/o a middle man and they're a good set for a street car.  I
>wouldn't recommend or even use a set of Deves rings even if they were free.
>Ask me how I know!

Ok, I'd like to know.   Over the years I've built one 1750 and two 2000
engines with Deves rings and haven't had a problem (that I'm aware of), but
 I'm going to do do another 2000 this winter, and I was thinking about
trying the Hastings.   What are the pros and cons of these two
alternatives?   Is one type better for certain applications?   Why is one
better than the other?    Thanks!

KCT
Knoxville, TN