Re: europe car rental/int'l licence

Thanks to all the kind folk who provided car rental etc. tips in Italy.  As it
turned out, renting a 156 (requisite Alfa content) was way more expensive than
getting   Avis was doing a good deal on them for AAA members. $55 a day with
unlimited mileage, min. 3 day rental.  And they accepted U.S. driving licenses.
Whether the carabinieri would have wanted to see an intntl driving license if
they'd stopped me, I can't say.  I'd forgotten how "interesting" true European
cars are.  This particular Korsa had a 16v 1000cc engine - easily did 140 km/h
on the freeway.

Carlo Cardilli
86 Spider Quad