RE: Car electronics

>> you can't buy these power chips for an l-jet - it's an analog > computer.
you modify the >characterisitics by changing resistors.

>Which means that given enough electronic know-how (ie more than I've
>got), these things should be almost infinitely rebuildable.

careful there, you're going to ruin my market for selling used ecu's to
panicked
digesters ;)

seriously, i believe that the l-jet and earlier bosch ecu's (k-jet) can be
repaired, as long as you can source resistors, capacitors, ...  it's the
later ecu's with real computrid chips in them that might pose a problem down
the line.

bs

End of alfa-digest V7 #1092