Milano composter

Al,

I just did this same thing to my car.  You will need to take the radio and
the center console out (the plastic dash piece around the radio and heater
controls).  This allows you to get at the fan area much better.  With the
console out, carefully remove the cover of the fan motor.  By the way, the
A/C water line is right by the fan, a black plastic hose.  Once the fan
motor cover is removed, you will see the fan motor held in place by a hose
clamp (I am not kidding).  Carefully remove the hose clamp, wires and the
all the screws holding the motor support "flange" to the heater box.  It is
easier to remove the motor support flange first and then remove the fan and
motor.  The motor flange on my car was cracked, and had to be handled very
carefully.

Once the flange is off, the fan and motor can be withdrawn.  Cleaning the
leaves and such out is easy at this point.  When reinstalling the fan, first
carefully slide the fan and motor back into the box, than the flange and the
screws the hose clamp and finally the motor cover.  This cover ensures air
cools the fan motor so be sure and replace it.  The plastic is really cheap
and the screws do not really hold to well so easy on the tightening torque.

Good luck

Erik Roe
'87 Milano, old Spider, older Spider
Alfa Bits Newsletter Editor (AROO)