Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:36:00 -0700

Jon Inge says:
Just a heads-up warning if you're fitting a new water pump:  look over the
casting very carefully for flaws before fitting it, as there seem to be some
bad ones out there.  The one I just fitted to my '86 Spider proved to be
porous, leaking oil copiously through a hole in the casting opposite the old
speedo drive blanking plate.

This was exactly the problem with my last (and I do mean last) Ricambi water
pump, except I took more than two reinstallations to figure out it wasn't
something I was doing wrong!  Moreover, the finish of the replacement pumps
didn't begin to approach the original.  A close examination before you
invest your time and effort is strongly recommended.

Joe