164 synthetic oil

Selenia 10W40 was factory fill for the NA spec 164. If you switch to a
heavier oil, why not use 5W 50? I have AGIP 2000 (Y2K compliant oil) in
mine at the moment. I see no reason why Castrol 5W50 Syntec or Mobil 1 in a
10W40 or 5W50 shouldn't be just fine. I recommend you do NOT use any oil
with a summer weight rating lower than 40 or the bearings etc may not last.
The winter or W viscosity rating could be as low as zero as far as I know
and will not hurt the engine. It's the strength of the oil film when the
oil is hot that is critical.
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada