Calif smog news

I saw in the SF Chronicle this morning that a California appellate court in
Sacramento has found the California law requiring a $300 additional
registration fee on out-of-state cars being brought into California
unconstitutional.  The article said imposition of the fee would end on Nov.
1.  I didn't see whether the state intends to appeal this decision or will
just abide by it.  I would think the state would be concerned about the
revenue loss.

Andrew Watry
Berkeley, CA
Berlina Register