Eplogue: Replacing front wheel studs on 105/115

Thanks for the helpful suggestions on my stud removal problem.   The
general consensus was that while pressing them out was the best way,
bashing them out with a sledge usually worked.    I put Thor to work and
they all came out easily and with no damage.

>My question: What is the proper method to remove and replace the left hand
threads remaining on >the driver's side front hub?    Can I bash them out
of the front rotor with my good old Thor brass >sledge hammer, or do they
need to be pressed out with a hydraulic ram?

kct