'74 Spider seatbelts & clutch

10/10/99 6:09:33 PM

Hi Group:

Has anyone upgraded the 2-point seatbelts in a '74 vintage Spider to the 3-point belts from
a later car?  I haven't ever looked too closely at the later Spiders, so I'm not sure what
type of belts were installed, but I'm guessing they've got to have 3-points.  On my car, it
looks like upper mounting bolt for the inertia reel is in the proper spot for a shoulder
harness, and I'm looking for a simple bolt-in swap.  Any ideas?  AlfaBill has got two Spider
parts cars, '85 and '87 I think, should I look at those?

Also, the clutch on this recently acquired Spider is not disengaging.  Of course, all the
hydraulics are new and I properly installed them, and the clutch fork can be seen moving
when the pedal is depressed.  No matter how much driving around I do with the pedal
depressed, the clutch will just not slip free.  Things are probably rusted together from lack
of use in this tropical humidity.  I'm looking for suggestions to free things up that are not too
abusive, and I would sure like not to have to pull the gearbox.  Is there anything else I
should look at, or try?

Regards,

Dean W. Cains
'74 Spider 2000