164QV repairs, Spiders, 156 dusters - and a free 166!

The 164...
Well, my 164QV has been away for repairs...

The fan/aircon belt has been squealing for ages; this is the second new
aircon belt in 12 months.
An aircon motor had gone south - and the air was only coming out around the
windscreen.
The dreaded wheel wobble appeared (worn suspension bushes & collapsed
bearing) Spark plugs have been replaced, as well as the HT leads.

Finally, the oil seals around the cam covers were replaced.

Now, get this: they replaced the aircon motor, and the NEW one was faulty !
So, they had to take it apart again. I was going to bad mouth Alfa, but just
who does make these motors?!

OUCH. Even with discount, it was a very hefty invoice. But, having driven it
today, I remember why I (we!) love Alfas.
Oh, and they regularly service/repair cars from over 300miles away, proof
that they know what they're doing, and are reliable.

Caught in the Spider's web...
A friend had an ex-lease Spider for a weekend; it had done 70,000 miles, but
the front felt particularly wobbly; I wonder if that's a common problem, or
had that one had just a hard life? other than that, I WANT one!

A Free 166 and a yellow 156...
The 166 and duster? They gave me a [metal] model 166 and a yellow "156"
duster; I'd put a picture on a website,
but I don't have one. In case you're interested, the model is made in China,
by "Majorette". A new line for AlfaBill perhaps :-) ?

Simon.
poorer, but happy again