Re: Milano water pumps

In a message dated 10/8/99 1:06:36 PM, owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

RWelty mentions: << the water pump is behind the timing belt, and the
incremental cost to take care of the belt at the same time is trivial, so
it's basically silly and
risky not to deal with the timing belt then and there. >>

But what about the other way round? I just changed my timing belt and front
cam seals, and two weeks later my water pump is starting to leak
sporadically. With 20K miles on it. Also it invariably happens after the
radiator/block has been emptied for a couple of days and the pump dries out,
but can it go in a space of three hours?
Graham Arlen
Old Milano
Older GTV
Very old spider