164 Help please

I have a 164 L 3.0 v6 1989 UK Model.

The Speedo worked fine up to about 3 weeks ago, then it became intermittent.

On advice from my local dealer I replaced the gearbox transducer, that was
their diagnosis of the problem.
However now I get no Speedo activity at all..Not even a flicker, whereas
previously it did work.

The dealer has tested the speedometer dial via the connection at the gearbox
transducer that appears to be ok, the transducer is also working fine, they
have replaced the cable connections as a precaution but still nothing.

If anyone else can think of anything before I rip out the dashboard it would
be appreciated

Regards

Mike Lowe
mike_lowe@domain.elided