Re: re: Fuel Guage Sender

Your old gasket might be salvageable, just look it over. The
replacement process is fairly simple with a couple of gatchas. It can
be oriented any direction but only one will produce a satisfactory
result, float towards the front of the car. I put mine in backwards
first and got either always full or always empty depending on which
terminals I hooked the wires. Make sure everything is super clean
around your work area. You really don't want crud in the tank, don't
ask how I know. If your gasket looks hammered, replace it. There
available from your local Alfa dealer if you have one, otherwise I'm
sure Ricombi, Centerline, IAP, and others carry them. Good luck and
replace that tank filter while your screwing around.

Emmo
76 Spider
72 GTV with crudded fuel filter