Re: V6 engine swap

I am switching an '81 GTV6 engine (ex Balloco, if that mattered, but it
has run sharply) into an '84 GTV6 (lost at least one intake valve each
bank).  Anyone know if the offset on the distributor drive of an '81 will
properly engage the '84 distributor?  Everything of the basic engine seems
the same (with that possible exception).  The '81 distributor features
vacume advance and retard diaphrams, the '84 distributor feeds an ignition
ECU black-box.  I mean the offset -- the angle can be adjusted.

r.m.bies