Re: O2

>We had similar questions regarding suitable replacements for Porsche
>928 Bosch O2 sensors.
>
>Those with the experience and technical equipment to check out the
>minutia, found that generic replacements work over a wider range of
>conditions than the specific stock replacements, and are thus more
>broadly applicable but slightly less accurate for a specific
>application.
>
>However, some of the parts distributors did some homework and found
>that the Porsche "specific" Bosch sensor was also sold as an Audi unit
>for about 20% less.
>Go figure.

Hey--the NTK wide band unit for the '93--'95 Honda Civic VTEC cars sells
for about $110, jobber, an IDENTICAL unit is sold by NTK for use in their
units for about $600, and the SAME unit is sold by Horiba as a replacement
for their exhaust gas analyzers for about $1000!!

Figure some more!--It's not an honest world!

Greg