mechanic's labor guide? GTV6 clutch job time?

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a
mechanic's labor guide? This would be the book (or web
page?) that lists how many hours a certain job should
take on a specific car. It is basically a guideline
for shops, and I have seen Alfa mechanics use them.
I would like access to it to help me decide whether a
certain job is worth doing yourself or outsourcing via
the checkbook mechanic method.
For example, how long would a clutch job take in a
GTV6 (I might need it, I am getting slippage at high
rpms)? If it takes 5 hours, then i know to multiply it
by 3 if I do it myself, or that it will cost me 5X
labor rate. Then, I can decide. I can always call up
and ask, but having it posted would give the local
gurus some peace and time to do the work instead of
chatting on the phone with people who might do the
work themselves after all.

thx in advance
luke, San Mateo, CA

74 Spider, 82 GTV6, 95 164LS, 98 A6 Q

PS. This vortex-venturi-turbulent-device thread is
making my paradigm shift. I think the giant locust are
coming, too. We will all be sorry....