1750 compression

Hello all,
I am currently rebuilding a 1750 to put in a 105 car.
I'm curious regarding compression ratios.
With the new pistons in place, I have calculated that the engine when rebuilt
will have a compression ratio of 11.5 to 1.
Does anybody out there run their engines with this high a compression ratio?
Does pump gas have a high enough octane?
Has anybody ever tried to hook up a knock sensor to these older engines?
Thanks in advance
Doug Klein AROO
Portland, OR
67Duetto