Re: pulling a V6

Really got a swamp of answers on that one, didn't I....

What I "overlooked" was that I had dropped  V6 <into> a not-yet
put-together car.

The front of the propellor shaft in the socket in the flywheel prevents
the assembly from twisting and tilting enough for the flange to clear the
cross-member.  So slide the propellor shaft back.  But the shaft itself
prevents the horn from raising enough to clear the steering rack.  The
propellor shaft has to come out. (Of course, to do anything with that
shaft, the deDion rear suspension must be lowered.)(And, of course, to
lower that far enough to un-do the rear coupling, the exhaust must be
dis-assembled.)

So far as I can tell, one does not have to remove the steering-wheel in
order to pull the engine......

Of course, any hood lining used over an internal-combustion engine would
be fire-proof....

When your jewel back-fires, blasting the hose off the plenum (and shooting
the burning air-fuel mixture out), don't just walk away to come back when
it is more reasonable.

The liner burns.

I just got a couple burns on my hand trying to slap it out.  Sticky, gooey
stuff forms.

r.m.bies