Re:Differences in new and old TS engines

<<i'd hazard a guess that they added the variable length intake runners -
<<that would certainly account for the extra torque in the lower rpms, and
<<i'm pretty sure the change happened in the time frame you mentioned.

>Yes,Alfa has added variable length intake runners to new TS engine
>in the old one (16V) max torque was at 4000RPM and in the new one
>it=B4s 3500RPM and i am quite sure this same engine lies in GTV and 156.

I was under the impression that these are two completely different motors,
the inferior being the final development of the ancient Alfa four, and the
superior having a TS head on what is otherwise a modern Fiat motor.

Cheers
Mat