Re: SpiralMAX "supercharger"

Chip Mutza <dmutza@domain.elided> had asked:

>Yesterday in the back of Grassroots Motorsports magazine I came across
>an ad claiming to "Supercharge any car". Supposedly it swirls
>the air to create better combustion and give you 0-35% power increase.
>it's ...a "combination vortex generator, velocity stack, and venturi, made
>of stainless steel, installed in the air path, that extends the resident
time
>between gas and air, maximizing vaporization for better combustion
>They also state that you can use two per hose to double the "boost".
>Is this thing for real? or is it just BS? It would be great it if could
>actually give up some noticeable performance increases like it promises.

Oh absolutely!  This is the technology that powered the flying saucers
that crashed in Roswell back in '48.  The CIA immediately reverse
engineered it, but classified all of the results.  The conspiracy
thickened when GM somehow got hold of the design, and invented the
100 MPG carburetor, but then Exxon paid them $12 billion to keep it off
the market.

Vaporization maximization technology (or, "VMT") next popped up when
JC Whitney, a company noted for their technical excellence, offerred it
as the "Turbo Power Maximizer", a $9.95 add-on guaranteed to improve
your gas milage, as well as your sex life.  Needless to say, the
Government went nuts over that, and had Janet Reno send the ATF to
destroy Whitney's secret factory in Waco.  In the resulting fire, that well-
known vortex generator scientist, David Koresh, met his end.

Well, I could go on about how the KGB staged the Kennedy assination
to cover up their clumsy attempts to learn how to increase the resident
time between gas and air, maximizing vaporization for better combustion.
Or how Vincent Foster's accidentally stumbled upon the data showing
how to swirl the air to create better combustion, and had to be kept
quiet by the NSA.  But I'm sure that by now you know enough to properly
evaluate this marvelous technolgy.

Oops gotta go - those pesky aliens are about to kidnap me again!