Re: 164L wipers

> The passenger side wiper has decided to start cting oddly. Sometimes it
> will only go up half way and when it goes all the way it will only go
> back down half way. Any ideas? Did that make any sense?

I had a similar problem with my 91 164S.  I took the wiper transmission out
and found that at least one of the pivot points was seized.  I wish I
hadn't waited till the wipers had stopped functioning completely before
tackling the problem.  I also wish I hadn't tried to hammer it free.

According to my dealer, they have had luck letting the pivot point soak in
solvent overnight.  If you can free it without bending anything you should
be able to clean it up, lube it and getting it working again.

Lawrence Hegarty                                 91 164S (for sale)
Montreal Quebec                                  86 Spider