oh no! coolant leak in cylinder number 4!

my 1750 has been 'playing up' recently - running on 3 cylinders until it
warms up, then seemingly ok.  This morning I decided to pull out the spark
plugs to see what the story was, and lo, there were traces of fresh coolant
on plug #4, not to mention the plug being all black and yucky looking...

so, it looks like I have either a blown head gasket, a cracked head, or a
coolant leak somewhere in the intake manifold (hopefully intake manifold
gasket)

there is no oil in the water, or water in the oil, so hopefully its not a
head gasket or cracked head.

can anyone think of anything i might have missed?

the motor is getting very close to requiring a rebuild, and I have a spare
motor ready for assembly, so if it turns out to be anything major, Ill
finish the spare motor rebuild and drop it in.  (perhaps a good job for the
coming long weekend...)

Ive never done a rebuild on an alfa motor before - anything I should know
before I attempt re-assembly?

thanks,

ben
'68 1750 GTV