Re: Brake Fluid Reservoir

"Accordion Bellows" is the politest description that I've ever heard of
this part!
It is a moisture barrier, designed to let air into the reservoir but not
moisture. A similar fitting was used on the 2600 & disc braked 101
series Giulias & is available from Alfa Stop (www.alfastop.co.uk).
It should be installed open end up.
Customer feedback is that it also prevents brake fluid overflowing from
the reservoir in competition driving.
Tony Stevens

In message , Wallin,Bob <wallinb@domain.elided> writes
>There is a rubber fitting that fits into the brake fluid reservoir of my 67
>Duetto.  It looks somewhat like an accordion bellows, open on one end,
>closed on the other.  Question:  What is it for, and two should the open end
>be at the top or bottom of the reservoir.  Thanks
>
>R Wallin      Wallinb@domain.elided

- --
Tony Stevens    http://www.alfastop.co.uk
ALFA STOP, POBox 50, Belper DE56 1AS, UK
Tel: +44 (0)177 382 2000
Fax: +44 (0)177 382 1900