Clutch replacement and other foolishness

I am considering replacing my clutch master cylinder myself
(semi-skilled, novice mechanic).  Questions:
a)  Is this a good project for a beginner?
b)  Does someone have any tips/instructions on the web?
c)  Does one routinely replace the slave along with the master cylinder
or is there even a slave I need to replace in a '74 GTV?

Any help appreciated.

George Hovis '74 GTV
             '82 GTV 2000 (R.I.P)

Visit George's Alfa Romeo Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/gnhovis
Information, links, and stories about Alfas.
Now with pictures of the '99 Concorso Italiano
and Monterey Historics Races