Re: Milano: Creaking Brake

In a message dated 9/27/99 2:10:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
zzambri@domain.elided writes:

<< Hi Guys,

    My car's front brake is making some funny creaking noise. When I
 step on the brake, there is this creaking sound that comes from
 the front pass. side caliper (I think). Is it a sign of a bad
 caliper or air bubbles in the system?

 Thanks >>

I had the same problem. It turned out that with a combination of worn pads
and worn rotors that the pads were pressing on the anti-rattle spingy thing.
(How ironic, anti-rattle springs causing creaking, I wonder do anti-creaking
devices cause rattles?) When I first noticed this I also observed that the
pads were wearing unevenly and I suspected frozen pistons, they were fine.
The strange thing is that the pads still had an acceptable amount of material
on them when this occurred.

John Katos