164 clamps, what the &*%$

So I notice a fuel smell in my 95 164LS. I decide that
it is just my paranoia. My wife notices a fuel smell
in the car when she drives it (her A6's LCD display
went south, familiar...). I now decide to do something
about it.
I go to Colin Verrilli's 164 site (somebody needs to
start a fund for this guy) and read all the digest
clippings about "fuel odors". I rule out the filler
neck, since mine is a 95. I also rule out the sender
mounting plate seal, as the fuel odor seems to be
coming from the front vents, and not via ski condom.
Then I stumble upon all the posts about fuel rail
hoses. I open the hood and sure enough, one of the
hoses is wet at the clamp juncture. I am willing to
bet that the person who designed these clamps had a
rough childhood and wanted to punish humanity. Not
only do they not work, they do not seem reusable and
probably require a special tool to tighten! A trip to
the local auto store for a high pressure fuel hose and
a normal clamp that you can tighten with a
screwdriver, and I was back in business.

thx, luke, San Mateo, CA, but Alameda event bound !

74 Spider, 82 GTV6, 95 164LS (it is gonna get traded
on a 66 Mustang FB if it keeps pulling these tricks),
98 A6 Q