re:Locked Out

I just finished a long response to Rob, who was having problems with the
door lock on his '90 spider.  Essentially, I explained the basics of the
lock setup, and told him he was going to have to go in there and look
around to see what the problem was.  I then gave him a very specific and
detailed set of instructions on properly removing and replacing the door
panel, which is likely to be the trickiest part of his job.

I was going to send it to the digest as well, but it REALLY was long,
and I was afraid that it wouldn't interest enough people to justify the
bandwidth.  However, if anyone else is interested in the intricacies of
pulling a door panel on the late '80's/early '90's spiders, email me
directly and I'll pass it along.

Hal Taylor
'86 spider veloce "Strega" (she's had both door panels off)
Venice, Ca