Re: alfa-digest V7 #1055

 Bernie, Why do people always replace a blown fuse to see if the cause
has magically gone away?   They are ignorant of the way electricity
works and know nothing about why fuses are used or  where.  When an
electrical unit goes south, there has to be a cause.  Not too easy to
find sometimes but always an answer is found.  I think I told you a too
high voltage will cook anything designed for a certain maximum voltage.
Sometimes a unit such as an inition coil may break down internally and
short out some of the windings and therefore lower the resistance which,
of course, will cause overheating and total failure.  However, the
secondary voltage would also go up to a somewhat  higher volyage then
quit.
Can you send me one of the burned out units?  Evidently no attempt has
been made to measure the primary voltage that I suggested?    Fred Di
Matteo