re: duetto top

>- - Neoprene-based contact cement recommended in instructions.  Found that
>at the local Lowe's, DAP brand.  Seems it would be a challenge to get
>that front frame component in the 'pocket' of the new top if the
>adhesive's instructions are followed... '...coat both pieces, let dry
>30-40 minutes, carefully alignment pieces and put together...'.  For
>this piece maybe coat the frame component liberally and immediate
>assemble so adjustments in alignment are possible?

Rubber cement really only works in two dry coats. I have done this
procedure and it is possible to put the frame into the pocket this way.
Practice your "technique" and have an assistant!

>- - What is the proper sequence of assemble?  Attach top to rear rail with
>inside skirting and bolt into place followed by dealing with the leading
>edge of frame in top's pocket, and then the inside flaps to the bows and
>last the pillars (uprights rear of side window)?

I believe that is right. Can't remember...

>- - At what point should the cables be dealt with, and how much tension is
>appropriate.  This model does not have the turnbuckles, simply
>terminates at a bolt on rear of pillar.

This I never got resolved to my satisfaction. I'm not sure what the proper
set up is here.

Michael Williams
VP, DSARC
Sacramento, California US of A