Terry in Va--Q for you

Hello Terry, sorry to send to the list, but maybe it can be of some
general use: If on, say my insurance policy, I have no provision to be
provided a rental by my insurance co in the event my car is wrecked, but
I am hit by another, shouldn't I be furnished a rental car by the hitter's Insurance Co?
 Let's further say that the Hitter's Insurance says I am not entitled to
one because I have no provision in my policy????? One would think they
are trying to screw me--no? What would be a polite thing to say to get
them to own up? Thanks in advance,

Adam