Good news, Bad news

	Got Good news and Bad news - Good news is that I found out that my
brake MC is not leaking in Cylinder #4 causing lots of smoke to be
thrown out the exhaust pipe; Bad news is that I found out that my brake
MC is not leaking.

	What I did find was lots of motor oil covering everything under the air
cleaner.  Removing the air cleaner revealed all four intake runners
(rubber tubes connecting the air cleaner to the engine) had standing oil
inside them - not just a light oil mist, but appreciable amounts of oil
laying in the bottom of each tube.  The outside bottom of the air
cleaner was wet with oil (mostly from the fact that I've only got one
drainage tube - the other by the firewall is missing and there is just a
hole).  There was a bit of oil inside the air cleaner, too.  Checked out
the oil return tube from the oil separator to the dip stick and it was
clear of any blockages - can these oil separators go bad where they
don't operate correctly???

	Then I began to think of the dreaded word, blowby.  Started up the
engine, removed oil filler cap and put my hand over the opening.  Felt
like the Little Engine that Could locomotive puffing away.  How does one
measure blowby?  Pressure values?  Or a leak-down test?

	Bruce