Rear Spider Axle Repair

I would like to thank everyone who gave me help on my rear axle  repair. =

It went
great.  The axles seem to come out when being pulled on with a wheel in
place
right before the car comes off the jack stands.  There is  one thing I
learned though
while working on the brake shoes.  The best way to get the little spring =
in
place with
a brake spring tool is to use one of the ends that has a little notch, an=
then pull, using the
leverage gained by its length.  You do not need to use the hook and spike=

end.   This took
about 20 sec compared with the hour or two playing with the other end....=

I would like to ask one more question to the group. I have another spider=
,
red 84, that
vibrates on acceleration and not with any particular engine rpm.  I notic=
ed
that there
is a lot of slack in the drive line when I spin it by hand.  Is this the
U-joints ?  Could it
be the differential ?  How do you tell which.  Are there different qualit=
U-joint parts with
some being better than others, is the price worth the difference, and whi=
ch
brands are they ?

Thanks,

Doug Kunzman
(2) 84 Spider
1 Nissan 4x4 Alfa Engine Transportation.