Recommended Spider Tires

The tires on my 'new' '91 Spider are in very good shape, but I think the
previous owner went with the cheapest she could get.  They are Kelly Mud &
Snow tires!  Fortunately, they are the same size as required by my Saab
9000 Turbo daily driver, whose tires are on their last legs, so I plan to
move them to the Saab because my 'daily drive' is 16 miles round trip and
for that I don't care what type of tires I have.

My question is, does anyone have a recommendation for good, appropriately
performing tires for the Spider that won't break the bank?  I happen to
live very close to a Goodyear tire franchise - anyone have any experience
with their sportier tires?

Thanks,
Brian Kennedy
'91 Spider Veloce