tyres aka tires

Recently mounted some Panasport wheels with Bridgestone RE71's on my
'89 Graduate.  Got rid of the 14" steel wheels that come with the
Graduate and the original 10 year old Pirelli's and moved up to 15" x
7" and 205-55.  What I got was SIGNIFICANTLY lighter steering and
much more agile handling.  The Bridgestone is a Z rated tire at the
unbelievable price of about $90.  The price is cheap because I am
told that it is a discontinued tire.  I really wanted to go Italian,
ie: Pirelli, but I couldn't pass up the price or the strong
recommendation that I received from a fellow alfisti and racer.

The downside:  The treadwear rating is only 140---but oh how they stick.