RE: retraction

Dave Shimano asks, "What's wrong with eating American food and driving a
Japanese car?"

As long as it's not tuna -- Americans take a perfectly wonderful fish
and ruin it by cooking it.  Foul stuff, cooked tuna.  It takes the
Italians to cook tuna properly -- served in a cream sauce over veal
scallops it's almost palatable (vitello tonnato).  Otherwise, just slice
it off the fish, give me some soy and wasabi, and I'll manage just fine.

Besides, as any fan of anime knows, driving a Japanese car in
competition requires screaming out "Brake, heel and toe, and DOWNSHIFT
TO THIRD!!!" as you approach a high-speed corner.  Hard to do with a
mouthful of Big Mac.

(Watashi-wa Nihon-no otaku desu... which is meant, in my limited
Japanese, to say "I'm a big fan of Japan," but may very well translate
to "There's an octopus in my shorts."  This is what comes of learning a
language almost entirely from subtitles, I suspect...)

 --Scott "Bulbasaur, I choose you!  Vine whip attack NOW!!!" Fisher
   Sunnyvale, California