About Alfa models that don't sell in the States

Every now and then a digester from varoius parts of the world asks why the=20
digest doesn't make more coments about this or that model of an Alfa, that=20
was not sold in the States.I was preocupied by this problem at a bit more of=20
a general level and though of this:
Internet is acually not that moch of "inter"national at all.I think that if=20
one would take the time they would find out that say, 80% of the worldwide=20
internet backbone hardware is located in US.What you have in the rest is onl=
y=20
some narrow band access grouped around universities or one major provider=20
(that charges an arm and a leg for access , probably).At best, some have=20
access from their jobs.A friend from Germany recently reported that AOL=20
charges there by the hour mainly and with him chatting constantly, not so=20
seldom he would reach $100/month in bill for AOL.
As far as the software is concerned, i think that the search engines work a=20
lot better with English language search.Maybe companies for various contries=20
are not even ofered to be "hit" by major search engines.I know cause i was=20
looking for parts for my VW Scirocco last year (i sold it since) from well=20
known German tuners, in a German search..
However, i think that the Digest is A LOT better known than one would think.=
I=20
think that the people that actually post on the digest are just the tip of=20
the iceberg.My neighbour back in Romania, bought 6 months ago an 164 V6=20
turbo.He e-mailed me about the car and at that time i found out he knew abou=
t=20
the digest...Though for such and such reasons, he never posted..
One more interesting thing:
2 weeks ago, i tried to subscribe to this German magazine that i used to lik=
e=20
very much "Auto Bild".They have an Internet subscription option (i speak=20
German).As i forwarded my information, i received as a response a polite=20
denial to the effect that them sending me the magazine would have to do with=20
some regulations and rights of the person.                      =20
 "Hintergrund hierf=FCr sind Regelungen des Pers=F6nlichkeitsrechts in den U=
SA."
I think they are just like Alfa, afraid of legal complications of any kind.
Sorry for the length of this
Vlad
'91 164L=20
NY