EIBACH lowering springs for 164S??

Has anyone on the digest had any experiences with the Eibach lowering
springs for the 164S??  I have heard that the Eibach springs really slam
the car compared to its competition (Sparco, Intrax, and H&R).  Is this
true??  Are the Eibach springs just going to slam my car WAY to low??  I
will be running 17" wheels with a 215/45/17 tire, and I want the fender
gap to be completly eliminated.  Maybe Eibach springs are the only
springs that will lower the "S" enough to get rid of that ugly fender
gap??   Let me know what your opinions are on this "SLAMMING" subject.

Thanks,

Todd