Re: More spyder starting problems.

I am having problems starting a 81 Spyder and yes I have installed a new
battery with clamps, clean post, etc....I received word that it may be an
electronic control module or the ignition switch was going bad, but now I am
not quite sure. The symptoms are that sometimes when I turn the ignition
switch nothing happens but the starter will still turn over and nothing else
will run, no lights for the warning panel fuel pump etc., if I wait a few
moments, two to seven seconds after inserting the key and turning it to the
start position without turning it to crank everything will come on and it
fires right up with the first cylinder hit with combustion and spark. Before
I start a random replacement procedure does anybody have experience with
this. Thanks, Norm.