'91 Spider instrument panel failure - follow up

I wanted to send a very big thank you to everyone who responded to my
desperate pleas for help with my 'new' 1991 Spider's failed instrument
panel and repeatedly blown fuse.  I received much advice and in the short
week since I've owned the car have learned about many of the peculiarities
of the post '91 Spiders.

Through the help of Prestige Imports in Cincinnati, Ohio I was able to
isolate the fault to a particular relay under the dash on the passenger's
side of the vehicle.  This relay is actually a Printed Circuit Board
Assembly (PCBA) housed in a plastic case.  When I disconnect it, EVERYTHING
in the car works fine.  I can't figure out what this relay was supposed to
be doing in the first place.  It looks like a simple timing circuit, with a
solid state relay, small integrated circuit, a rectifier, a transistor, a
bunch of resistors and some diodes.  The relay circuit's case proudly
proclaims "Made in Mexico."  I was surprised finding THAT inside my fine
Italian automobile.  As soon as I figure out what this relay was for
(anyone have a clue?) I'll replace it with a new one.

Thanks again to everyone.

Brian Kennedy