Re: Fuel Pump (for Webers)

A set of Webers only needs 3-5 PSI for fuel pressure. You can buy one
of the small solid-state pumps sold under various brand names. I use a
clear fuel filter between the tank and the pump, in addition to the one
under the hood between the pump and the Webers. If you can't get a pump
that only puts out 3-5 PSI, you also need a fuel pressure regulator. I
believe the original glass-bottomed fuel filters on the 105 cars with
Webers have an integral pressure regulator.

You can also buy the plunger-type pump that is essentially the Bendix
pump of years ago. These are listed in various racing catalogs. Whatever
you do, STAY AWAY FROM DIAPHRAGM PUMPS. Do not let the salesdroid sell
you one. They are easily recognized by the circle of bolts around the
top (the pump not the salesdroid). ;=)