155 2.5 V6 timing belt on a Milano 3.0 V6

Hi guys,

I bought an extra timing belt for my '96 155 V6 made by
TRW/Federal-Mogul. The teeth on the 155 V6's cam sprocket are
"rounded"  while the Milano ones are square. Since this is an
extra unit, I'm planning to put it on my Milano 3.0. Any reason
why I shouldn't do it? I checked the original belt that we took
of the 155. After 30K miles, no significant signs of wear at all.
Must be a 50K belt. Oh well....better safe than sorry. I also
noticed the car has the mechanical tensioner from the factory.

Has anyone transplanted a 3.0 V6 into a 155 ? It seems like it
would be a straightforward job but there is a mysterious water
hole tapped into the back of the rear/passenger head. Sensors and
hoses coming out of it....not on the 164.

My last question is, is the head of the 155 V6 and different from
that of a Milano/GTV6 2.5 V6? Someone told me the water jacket
has some minor differences.

Zamani
'87 Milano with 16" Team Dynamics DTM
'96 155 V6 with 15" OZ-racing SZ 3-piece replica (by speedline)